RFIC 2017 Program
The 2017 IEEE Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits (RFIC) Symposium (RFIC 2017) will be held in Honolulu, Hawaii during June 4-6, 2017. The RFIC Symposium is the premier IC design conference focused exclusively on the latest advances in RF, Microwave and Millimeter Wave integrated circuit (IC) technologies and designs, as well as innovations in high frequency analog/mixed-signal ICs. We cordially invite you to participate in this international symposium.
The RFIC Symposium is an annual IEEE conference that is combined with the International Microwave Symposium (IMS), ARFTG and the Industry Exhibition to form “Microwave Week”, the largest worldwide RF/microwave technical meeting of the year. Microwave week will be held at the Hawaiian Convention Center in Honolulu Hawaii which is in close proximity to nearby Waikiki. Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with world experts, expand their network, and leave invigorated with new ideas and a drive to innovate.
The 2017 RFIC symposium will begin on Sunday, June 4, 2017, with sixteen RFIC focused workshops (ten full-day and 6 half-day). In addition, there will be several joint RFIC/IMS workshops on Sunday and Monday. These workshops cover a wide range of advanced topics in RFIC technology and IC design including 5G systems and beyond.
16 Sunday RFIC Focused Workshops include the following topics:
- 5G mm-Wave IC Front-end Co-design with Antenna, Packaging, and Testing for Future SOC Solutions
- Advanced Concepts and Architectures for Future RF and mm-W Transceivers in Nanoscale CMOS
- CMOSpace: Challenges and Accomplishments of Designing Advanced CMOS SoC for Space Communication and Instrumentation
- Efficiency Enhancement Techniques for Linear and High Bandwidth Power Amplifiers
- Energy-efficient RF Transceiver IC and System Design for Healthcare Applications
- Frequency Synthesis and Clock Distribution for Massive MIMO and Phased-arrays in 5G Communication Systems and Beyond
- High Performance Power Efficient Clock Generation for Internet of Things Applications
- Highly Digital CMOS Transmitters with Embedded Power Amplifiers
- Microwave thru Sub-THz Imaging and Sensor Array Technology for Security, Industrial, Commercial and Medical Applications
- Millimeter Wave for 5G: Which Systems with which Frequency Band -
5G RF Transceiver Design and System Aspects
- Polar, ET, Out-phasing, Doherty, Pre-distortion: which one survives at mm-wave frequencies?
- RFIC design Challenges for the IoT at Scale
- RFIC Design for Automotive Radar
- RFIC Design in CMOS FinFET and FD-SOI
- RF-Inspired Silicon Photonic
- The Many Flavors of CMOS/Bipolar RF Harmonic Oscillators
Following the full day of Sunday workshops, the RFIC Plenary Session will be held in the evening beginning with conference highlights, the presentation of the Student Paper Awards and the Industry Best Paper Award. The plenary session will conclude with focused talks on “5G” beginning with Dr. Seizo Onoe, CTO and EVP of NTT Docomo who will enlighten us on the “Deployment Realities of 5G.” The second talk will be given by the Wireless Communications Industry Chair Professor at UCSD, Dr. Gabriel Rebeiz, who will share his vision on “RFIC/Silicon-based Phased Arrays and Transceivers for 5G.” Immediately following the plenary session will be the RFIC ‘interactive’ Sunday reception that will highlight our industry show-case and interactive forum papers for an engaging social and technical evening event supported by the RFIC Symposium corporate sponsors. You will not want to miss the RFIC Reception this year!
On Monday and Tuesday, the RFIC will have multiple tracks of oral technical paper sessions. Two entertaining panels will be featured during lunchtime on both days. The Monday panel session is titled “5th Generation Wireless – where is that going and what’s in it for me?” while the Tuesday panel session will be a gameshow-quiz similar to “Who wants to be a millionaire?” Make sure to bring your opinions and questions and come prepared to answer technical trivia at the Tuesday panel to win prizes. Afternoon 5G summit conference technical sessions will provide high level 5G overview presentations that will complement the RFIC morning technical sessions. A separate registration will be required for the 5G summit sessions but will also be offered as part of the Super-Pass all week registration.
RFIC 2017 Program Schedule
*The 5G Summit is a separate conference and registration.